Co-Founder of Build Your Firm, Inc.
CPA, MS in Taxation, BS in Accounting
Fascinated with breaking the mold, Allan loves helping change the lives of other accountants. Maddened by the inefficiencies of his early accounting employers, Allan (known to his friends as “Rat” (from Ratafia) set out to start his own CPA firm in 1993. His mission was simple: Do it better with less effort. Never being afraid to try new things and quickly pivot, Ratafia & Company CPAs grew quickly and was noticed by other peers who often sought direct consulting advice for their firms. Allan embraced helping others and knew that his role in the industry would be best served in this capacity. So in 2003 Build Your Firm Inc was launched to do just that.
Allan's Core Value: Leadership & strong communication produces success
Fun Facts About Allan:
- Hates getting paid slowly
- Suffering NY Jet fan
- Loves gardening, organics and landscape creation
- Typical sports nut, still injures himself (but less often, really)
- Welcomes good-humored bantering
- Married since 1993 and has 2 fantastic daughters
- Began his career with Price Waterhouse & Co
- Undergraduate: NYU, Masters: Bernard Baruch College