24 Social Media Post Ideas for Accountants and CPAs| |
As the owner of an accounting firm, don't be surprised if you suddenly morph into a marketing moonlighter. You'll frequently find yourself stepping outside the realm of financial reports, budget projections, and tax reductions, to master the art of prospecting, lead generation, and promoting your accounting and tax services on social media.
When blending the marketing mix for your accounting practice, you may be surprised to know that social media surfaces as one of the top influencer channels for attracting and engaging potential clients. Owning social media territory requires posting fresh, relevant content on a regular basis. This is a major challenge, even for the most seasoned marketing mogul, let alone for an accountant wearing multiple hats.
To take the sting out of social media, we put together a hit list of 24 ideas for social media posting.
Social Media Post Ideas for Your Accounting Firm
Content marketing works it's magic when your social media posts include news and data about topics that are relevant to your target audience. Think about what your clients and prospective clients want to know.
1. Tax Law Updates
2. QuickBooks Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
3. Accounting and Bookkeeping News
4. Frequently Asked Questions
5. Blog Posts
6. Tax Due Date Reminders and Pertinent Info
7. Accounting and Tax Infographics
8. E-Books, Whitepapers, and Downloads
No need to craft your own content! Build Your Firm website clients have full access to a curated Content Library chock full of relevant accounting and tax-related articles for social media posting. Learn more about our websites for accountants.
Instead of "taking your word" for it that your accounting services are top notch, let prospects hear from real customers why the decision they're about to make is a good one!
9. Share Reviews from Happy Clients
10. Highlight a Success Story or Case Study (obtain client approval)
Just for Fun
Communicate and connect with clients using the light, casual structure of your social media profiles. Relax!
11. Share Accounting or Tax-Related Humor
12. Pose a Question - people love to answer polls and weigh in on topics they care about
13. Repost a Funny Accounting or Tax Comic or Video
14. Post Inspiring Quotes from Industry Leaders
15. Post an Interesting Statistic
Office Announcements and Information
Humans interact with, relate to, and trust other humans. That's why it is important to humanize your accounting firm using social media. Put some faces to your name, and showcase real people who work at your firm.
16. Share Office News - local press, updated office hours, etc.
17. Highlight Company Culture- this is the stuff that shows off your company personality and gives a behind-the-scenes look
18. Post photos! - people love to see the faces behind your firm. Share photos from office events, around the office photos, etc.
19. Special Occasions - birthdays, new baby, promotions, etc.
20. Introduce a New Hire
21. Company Accomplishments - your followers want to know about your success!
22. Initiate a Referral Program - give your clients a reward for referring you
23. Discounts and Promotions
24. Giveaways - such as a free consultation
Clearly, there's a ton of work and complexity involved in social media marketing for accounting firms. To get all the facts, stats, and more ways to leverage social media, download The Social Media Guide for Accountants and CPAs. If you'd like to learn about social media marketing management services from Build Your Firm, contact us at 888-999-9800, ext. 1, or email us at [email protected].
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in September 2018 and has been completely revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.